Home Improvement: Attracting More Customers with Video
Reading Time: 7 minutes
Despite the high costs of sparkling new kitchens and bathrooms, the number of homeowners making home upgrades is soaring. American homeowners’ spending on renovations will rise from $567 billion to $580 billion in 2023.
Benefits of using video to get more leads
Video marketing for home improvement content display real-world challenge problem solving that all homeowners will face at one time or the other. These videos’ real-life setting provides wholesome popular content with a touch of upward mobility glamor. These convert more customers than other content formats because:
- They build trust and give your business a voice and face. Digital advertising intelligence shows that Eight out of ten people purchase after watching a product video.
- They capture the gutting and restoration process better than images or words can. So, 97% of marketers use explainer videos when introducing products to customers.
- Videos are highly engaging and deeply satisfying because they trigger an emotional response in viewers. As a result, video content has a 54% retention rate.
- Video watching is growing in popularity, and the average internet user watches 17 hours of video content weekly.
- Videos are twice as shareable as regular content. They can increase your website visitor’s stay time, conversion rates, and SEO ranking.
How can home improvement businesses win more customers through video?
The before and after video
A majority of home remodeling stores are feeling the squeeze as labor and material costs skyrocket. Fortunately, your blood, sweat, and tears are an HGTV staple; the home makeover before and after video.
These videos are deeply satisfying, giving viewers a satisfying conclusion that will supercharge your lead generation strategy. Display them on your website, social media pages, or send them to your referral sources for more customers.
Testimonial videos are customer reviews, and 98% of customers go through a brand’s reviews before making a purchase. So, create customer testimonial videos by, for instance, asking your customers how they feel about their new deck. Integrate before and after shots of their re-modeled deck and showcase your expertise for better leads.
No other digital advertising content displays the benefits of a service or product better than an explainer video. Use the explainer video to reveal your home improvement team, ethics, expertise, and premier remodeling cases to your potential customers.
A behind-the-scenes video can introduce your craftsmanship to your audience. Artisans, for instance, use time-lapse videos to draw viewers into their work process, ensuring that potential customers are emotionally invested in their business.
Have you taken part in community work or partnered with a sustainable remodeling business? Create an event video and let potential customers know about your values and mission.
Short form videos
73% of video content viewers prefer short-form (15 to 30 seconds) video to long-drawn content. So, make bite-sized videos that display microlearning, spontaneous user-generated content (UGC), or challenges that boost brand awareness
Do you have a large project that you would like to display to your audience? Hire professional digital video advertising companies and generate a virtual tour of your project using cinematic themes and drone shots.
The final word
We’d Love to Hear from You
Bespoke digital campaigns
Achieve a more efficient linear workflow
Allow for more adequate comparisons
Deep data analysis to adjust and readjust strategies for success